t r a c e is both verb and noun; act and residue.
t r a c e publishes books that illuminate, in complex, beautiful, and thought-provoking ways, contemporary and historical experiences of conflict, displacement, migration, life, labour, love, and resistance.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas before you submit your work. We love works that break generic boundaries and question certainties. Due to the constraints of COVID, we have deferred publication to 2022. We are currently interested in:
- translations of poetry, fiction and non-fiction from African, Asian, and Middle Eastern languages.
- genre-breaking essays from activist-intellectuals/writers that provoke, unsettle, and explore new possibilities at a time of unprecedented global transformation.
- Multi-genre, multi-disciplinary anthologies that juxtapose vital voices in conversation.
Once trace press is more established, we hope to explore:
- Memoirs and Oral Histories that give voice to complex experiences.
- Children’s books, including in translation.
- Books on Food and the Environment
t r a c e prioritizes the voices of those who have, themselves, experienced war, conflict, displacement, and migration. We value the words of those historically marginalized within inequitable publishing cultures.