t r a c e is both verb and noun; act and residue.
t r a c e publishes books that illuminate, in complex, beautiful, and thought-provoking ways, contemporary and historical experiences of conflict, displacement, migration, life, labour, love, and resistance.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas before you submit your work. We love works that break generic boundaries and question certainties. At the moment, we are especially interested in the following:
- translations of poetry, fiction and non-fiction from African, Asian, and Middle Eastern languages.
- genre-breaking essays from activist-intellectuals/writers that provoke, unsettle, and explore new possibilities at a time of unprecedented global transformation.
- Multi-genre, multi-disciplinary anthologies that juxtapose vital voices in conversation.
Once the press is more established, we hope to explore the following:
- Memoirs and Oral Histories that give voice to complex experiences.
- Children’s books, including in translation.
- Books on Food and the Environment
t r a c e prioritizes the voices of those who have, themselves, experienced war, conflict, displacement, and migration. We value the words of those historically marginalized within inequitable publishing cultures.